Friday, October 19, 2012

Jennifer Tappenden on Women in the Arts at the U



Yesterday on Women in the Arts at the U, our bi-weekly radio show, letterpress maven and poet extraordinaire,  Jennifer Tappenden, was the featured guest. Jennifer does a lot of fascinating work in the St. Louis arts community, so it was really great to talk with her. Among her ventures is Architrave Press, which publishes beautiful letterpress poetry in two editions a year. But here's what makes Architrave unique: sure, you can buy an entire edition, but the poems are also sold individually like songs. I love going to her events and picking out poems--it's like collecting trading cards, but for literally nerds! As soon as I get my act together, I fully intend to frame the ones I've collected from various editions and hang them above my writing desk for inspiration. The poems are also great to give as gifts to the literary-minded.

So mosey on over to Archtrave Press and buy some poems, ok? Seriously, you'll be happy you did. And all your friends will think you're cool.


Lindsay Shadwell
Managing Editor
WomenArts Quarterly Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment